Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Getting Rid of Bathroom Scuz

I don't care for cleaning the bathroom.  Even more so, I don't like to clean the bathtub.  I usually let Nick have that honor.  But, try as he might, cleaning isn't exactly his strongsuit.  Between that and the scuzzy (and slippy) film left on the floor of the tub by my homemade soap, the tub was in bad shape and I've kept "meaning" to clean it.  This morning I discovered the beginning of red mold.  There was no more delaying it, it had to be done.  I have no idea if I'd read it somewhere or if it just came from my head but I decided to make a paste (for lack of a better word) of vinegar and salt.  The mold was no problem.  The scuz still took quite a bit of elbow grease, but the stuff really worked.  I don't know if the salt just acted as a scrubbing agent or if there was something chemical going on,  it did feel like I was inhaling some funny vinegar fumes.  Moral of the story: Clean tub, Green methods, Happy girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment