Saturday, June 4, 2011


It's funny how, when you come to the end of the project, it's so easy to leave off the finishing touches.  We spent all winter and Spring building bookcases and painting and such, and when we had finally finished and cleaned up we never actually cut shelves or put the books up.  We also haven't put in crown moulding, but that really will probably have to be a project for another time.  There are quite a few rooms that need it.

Anyways, with the impending visit of my great-grandma (which, unfortunately she was too ill to make) and my desire to start getting the books out of the upstairs* so I could think about the nursery, last weekend we finally put up the shelves.

*for those of you who didn't know, i spent last fall and early winter Dewey cataloging our non-fiction books for placement on the living room shelves.  The Fiction and reference sections are on some of the built-ins upstairs that were there when we bought our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment