- Cacciatore has escaped 3x since last reported. She's becoming quite the little escape artist.
- On Thursday, we received a shipment of almost 7 gallons of Blush Zinfandel juice for fermenting. Can you say White Zinfandel for Christmas?
|Let's hope it lightens as it bubbles...it's supposed to be a rose.|
- Little Miss Sadie has been without a doggie bed since this spring (thank you morning sickness). I've kept meaning to replace it, but of course I only remembered when I couldn't go shopping and forgot when I was shopping. Well, Aldi not only had doggie beds last week, but one even matched our living room perfectly. She seems much happier now that she has a bed again.
|Yes, that's a 2x4. She prefers it to her more expensive toys, but it is quite messy... little bits of wood everywhere.|
- I found a ham bone in a bag of sliced ham I defrosted this week. I made stock from it, a quart of corn stock and a quart of water. To it I added some bear sausage, leftover bacon, onions, corn, green peppers, half a bag of ww egg noodles, some whole wheat spaghetti nick made too much of. I call my creation freezer confetti soup. It kinda reminds me of my fave corn chowder tho. No added cream, but the ham bone left it still very rich.
- A week after it was bought, my Magical Michael basil plant has lost all of it's leaves. I don't blame the guy at the farmers market, it's all me. Me and my black thumb. Thank goodness Nick does all the gardening around here.
- This week at the farmers market I got an orange heirloom tomato, Organic Fair Trade Cocoa Powder from the Presbytery Ladies...and some kettle korn to munch on before yoga.