Thursday, December 8, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree

Last year, I shared with ya'll why we get a real Christmas tree.  This year, I want to share with you some of our tree-oriented traditions and favorite ornaments.

Every year, we go out to a tree farm, and pick out a tree.  The first year we were married, we even brought a saw and cut it ourselves.  Since then, we've relied on the guy with a chainsaw and a quad.  Much easier.


Then, we load it on the car and nick brings it in, gets it in the stand and puts the lights on it.  

(Thanks blogger, more sideways pics)

This year's tree was a little shorter than we usually get.  Nick was in such a hurry to get back and fix his car that we didn't notice.  Oh well.  

Being young and (living-) child-less, we don't have too many ornaments with sentimental significance yet, but we do have a few.  Nick usually lets me decorate the tree (the man has no confidence in himself when it comes to anything aesthetic) and we listen to Alabama Christmas, cuz thats what my family always did.  Its not Christmas, without Alabama.  

This fella is one of my many mercury-glass ornaments that i lifted from my grandma.  Half of them have twist-ties for hooks.  LOVE.  


Our two "Our first Christmas together" ornaments.  I love the snowman, he's all bendy.  

Sadie's ornament

My shotgun-shell santa ornament.  That's classy up-cycling right there.  

The ornament we got from First Candle, when my moms coworkers made a donation in Elizabeth's memory. 

And now, since everyone seemed so interested in it last year, a demo of our smoke detector ornament. It's also a great way to test the batteries.  








Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I love the tree and your ornaments! It's so cool that you can chop down your own trees up there. That sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete