Peanut Butter & Carob Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter , no salt or sugar added
- 1 tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- Additional Flour for Rolling
- 1 bag carob chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Whisk the flour, oats and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- Gradually stir in the milk, peanut butter and molasses.
- Turn out onto a floured surface.
- Knead until a soft dough forms.
- Roll out to 1/2" thickness and cut with a cookie cutter.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool overnight in the oven or cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dip or Sprinkle with melted carob chips
1 package dry yeast
1/4 cup lukewarm water
2 cups chicken stock
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 cup non-fat dry milk
2 tablespoons dried parsley 1 teaspoon oregano
2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
3 cups flour
Preheat oven to 325 ° F (165 ° C).
In a large bowl,dissolve yeast in water. Add stock, oil, cheese, drymilk, and herbs. Gradually blend in the flours and cracked wheat. Add enough wheat flour to form a stiff dough.
Transfer to a floured surface and knead until smooth (about 3-5 minutes). Shape the dough into a ball and roll to 1/2-inch (12 mm) thick. Using pizza cutter, cut out small cube treats. Place on ungreased baking sheets, spacing them about 1/4-inch (6 mm) apart. Gather up the scraps, roll out again, and cut additional biscuits.
Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and milk for the glaze. Brush the biscuits with glaze, turn and brush other side. Bake for an additional 30 minutes. Let cool overnight.