- We moved one of the arms of the "cross" so that it will hit a stud.
- We installed boxes for the new outlets. They were so cool and well thought out. The ones for attaching to a stud came with nails already attached at the perfect angle, all you had to do was nail them in.
- Nick dry-wired the boxes, then it was too dark to work with the fuse off.
- Nick live-wired the two wall boxes (the fireplace will have to wait until after the drywall is done, but i made him put the face plate on it so i could see what it'd look like).
- Hardware store trip!
- Cut outlet box holes & drill conduit holes in the drywall.
- Drill through 2 2x4s and the floor for the conduit that will lead to the basement. It took 2 charges of our poor little hand drill to get the whole way through.
- While the drill was occupied, I peeled off our old sticker house number (that was so faded I had to color it in last year) and replaced it with the shiny new one we bought at the hardware store.
- Attached conduits to the drywall
- Hung Drywall
During the week, we'll spackle it (and let it dry & spackle again) then we're just left with wainscoting, crown moulding and paint. I can see it coming together and I love it!