Monday, February 21, 2011

Ranch Mix (Finally) and Crepes for Dinner

For those of you who don't already know, I'm seriously in love with Ranch Dressing.  Forget ketchup, Ranch is what goes on fries & burgers & steaks & pretzels...etc.  I've made my ranch from hidden valley ranch since I was in High School because it's much better than the stuff in the bottle.  I'd been dying to make my own mix since I started this little experiment, but I had bought my mix at Sam's.  *pout*



Last time I made Ranch, I got to do so with my cultured buttermilk and I used the last of my Enormous bottle of mix.  This morning I mixed up Heavenly Homemaker's Mix with some mayo and buttermilk.  Much Yum!  Of course, there are plenty of mix recipes to be had online, but her recipes are always wonderful!


Also, we finally had our Meat-Free Monday on Monday.  We had Crepes Filled with Mushrooms, Spinach, and Fresh Mozzarella from the Sonoma Diet Cookbook.  I did the Sonoma Diet a while ago, and I must admit I thought it was the most reasonable, healthy and well-rounded diet I've ever done.  Anyways, the cookbook has a big, really delicious meat-free section.  

RECIPE

Basic Whole Wheat Crepes
2 Eggs
2/3 c. Water
1/2 c. Milk
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 c. Whole Wheat Flour

Put it all in a blender & combine.  Let the batter sit for 30 min.  Preheat skillet, coat with cooking spray & spoon 1/4 c. batter.  Swish batter to spread.  When one side starts to brown, flip it.  Repeat 'til you run out of batter.  



Veggie Filling
1 tbsp. Olive Oil
1 1/2 lb. Assorted Mushrooms
Salt & Pepper
1 tbsp. Minced Garlic
2 tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
2 c. Fresh Baby Spinach
2 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 c. Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Cook mushrooms through in Olive oil, then add garlic & Salt and pepper.  Then add vinegar.  Wilt Spinach & mix in mozzarella.  Put in crepes (I made canolli's, but you can do it how u like) and top with Parmesan cheese.  Broil 'til cheese browns.  Serve.  



3 comments:

  1. Yum, putting Ranch on everything sounds kind of delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is! (tho its prolly just as unhealthy *read, fattening* as it is yummy)We moved when I was a kid and the new neighbor kids put it on their burgers. I thought they were nuts, but then i couldn't stop putting it on stuff. Its great on pizza too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crepes look sooo yummy! My Mom likes the sonoma diet, too.

    ReplyDelete