Saturday, August 13, 2011

Washington County Fair

The last few years, ever since moving to a county that takes their Ag. Fair seriously, I've been telling myself I was gonna enter some goodies.  Didn't matter what, I just thought it'd be a cool thing to do.  Last year, I even had some stuff together, but was quickly discouraged by not knowing the ropes.  This year, I stumbled through the ropes and regs and actually entered some stuff, and Nick did too.  Yesterday, I dropped our goodies off and the judging was last night.  The results are in and I'm so excited to share!


My Stuff:
3rd Place and $2                          2nd Place and $3


Nothing :(                                               2nd Place and $4

Nick's Stuff:
Tomato Wine                                 Apple Wine
5th Place                                         Nothing :(

We're so excited that we placed.  I was hoping we'd get just one ribbon between the two of us.  Also, we finally picked our first tomatoes (and banana peppers too) this weekend and Nick's car finally passed inspection.  More on that to come later.  It's been a great weekend thus far.  Let's hope tomorrow's corn roast is just as successful.  




1 comment: